96 Metallic Silver plastisol based products produce a "chrome" metallic look when printed. 96 Met Silver produces the best look when directly printed onto a garment or fabric. *LF (Lead Free) Contains less than 0.025% lead.
96 Met Silver is recommended for use on cotton and some cotton/polyester blends.
Pre-print and test all
printed fabrics for possible dye migration and wash durability before beginning production.
96 Metallic Silver comes ready for use and should be printed without modification. Stir ink well prior to each use. For best visual results, this ink should be printed last in a design.
SCREEN MESH AND EMULSION
86-125 t/in or 34-49 t/cm Monofilament Mesh. Any direct, indirect or capillary lacquer resistant emulsion.
65-75 Durometer: Sharp or Beveled Edge
60-90-60 Triple Durometer: Sharp Edge
325°F (163°C) Fusion temperature for entire ink film. Plastisols do not air dry. They must be fused with an appropriate heat source to assure maximum durability. The optimum time/temperature cycle will vary with the amount of ink deposited, fabric and the type of heat source used. Plastisols achieve the proper fusion point as soon as the innermost section of the ink film reaches the prescribed temprature. Test dryer temperatures before beginning a production run. Wash test printed product before production run.
Caution: 96 Metallic Silver contains a high loading of un-coated metallic powders that will tarnish (turn gray) when exposed to any type of detergent or water that contains a bleaching or whitening agent. The abrasion resistance of these inks is also low. There will be some rub off of metallic particles even when the inks are properly cured/fused. It is extremely important to pre-print and test printed fabrics for wash and wear durability before beginning production.
1. 96 Metallic Silver reflect infrared heat. A forced air dryer is highly recommended for proper curing/fusion of these products. Complete fusion of these products may be very difficult to achieve in an infrared dryer. Even when the 96 Met Silver is properly fused, there will be some rub off of metallic particles. Check for proper cure/fusion of product by wash testing finished product according to the wash instructions below.
2. To obtain best wash results, make sure printed inks are properly cured/fused and hand wash with a phosphate free detergent such as Woolite®, then air or line dry. Do not use bleach, iron or dry clean the printed garment.
3. Air drying washed product is strongly recommended. Dulling of ink surface may be caused by heat and abrasion in a clothes dryer.
4. Garments printed with 96 Met Silver should be labeled with recommended washing instructions.
5. Use 96 Metallic Silver when best overall wash and wear durability is desired for metallic looking prints.
STORAGE OF INK CONTAINERS
Keep containers well sealed when not in use. Keep indoors and store in a cool area. Recommend storage at 65°F to 90°F (18°C TO 32°C). Avoid storage in direct sunlight or in extreme temperature conditions.
Environmentally friendly plastisol screen wash or mineral spirits.
Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet MSDS8